Xtra adds over 160+ features to your WHM / cPanel.
Install firewalls, ddos protection, FFMPEG, and many more things. Everything in Xtra is designed to save you time and money when it comes to securing,
repairing and managing your server!
Change Log for WHMXtra Ultimate Pro
For the full changelog of all older versions please Click Here. For a printer friendly version of the recent change log below please Click Here
December 31st, 2012 - Ultimate G2 2.4 Released!
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Bet you thought we were napping? Nope, the Magic Bunnies have been at full hop and we’re pleased to announce the release of 2.4 just in time for 2013. This release brings a couple cool new things and some fixes and updates. Even more coming in the next few weeks, stay tuned!
- Libsafe is now deprecated, we have left the removal option for those that need to remove it, but this script is no longer useful.
- BFD updated to 1.5, simply remove and reinstall APF Firewall to get the newest BFD with it.
- RKHunter updated to 1.4 (remove and reinstall to upgrade).
- Updated Process Resource Monitor (PRM) to 1.1.3.
- Viewlogs and delete logs modified to have radio button pre selected to avoid confusion.
- Added option to place Xtra Explorer in WHM plugin menu (available on the settings tab via the control panel link).
- Modified softaculous and mytop installers to fix errors with some installations (hopefully fixed for good).
- Launch Mytop view now more consistant with our MegaStats Monitor and easier to read (looks nicer too).
- Fixed detection of mytop installation so it doesn’t always say failed.
- New feature – find it at Security >> Server Auditors >> Apache/php security tester. Will test your installation of apache/php for security flaws. Take results with a grain of salt folks, nothing is ever perfect so probably will be some.
- New feature – find it at Plugins >> Misc >> ApacheBooster. This handy new plugin installs nginx and varnish and also has a handy web interface for managing it in WHM. Read carefully, do not use unless you know you can handle it (although the interface makes it easier). FYI we did not make this, so don’t blame us if something goes wrong (although you can just uninstall it via Xtra to put things back to normal)
October 16th, 2012 - Ultimate G2 2.3 Released
Sorry for the delay folks, but we’re back at it. This is a small update to fix a few things and prepare for all the new upcoming features. More coming soon.
- Added precoding for new features.
- Removed old legacy coding and some feature track coding in mega monitor etc.
- Added yum.conf and ips.remotedns to the editors section.
- Tweaked MyTop to fix some changed perl install stuff.
April 20th, 2012 - Ultimate G2 v2.2 Released and XFFMPEG v1.1 Released
- XFFMPEG and Xtra Ultimate ffmpeg installers modified to account for cloudlinux and some flvtool2 and ruby issues.
- Added Misc >> Account Tools >> Download Backups – Will let you download the servers backup files for domains right from within WHM, just click the download link for each file and away you go.
- Added Misc >> Account Tools >> Run Web Logs – Will let you run the weblogs for domains right away rather than waiting for cpanel to do it.
- Added Misc >> Account Tools >> Run UserLogs – Will let you run the weblogs for a single domain right away rather than waiting for cpanel to do it. Handy if stats jam up or you want the most up to date stats for a domain
April 17th, 2012 - Ultimate G2 v2.1 Released
After much waiting and even more coding, the new Xtra Explorer is now being released. This version is compatible with all major browers and is a cross between our old legacy browser and the Advanced browser (which only works in IE). Few notes on the new browser below.
- Files like .conf and .ini etc are no longer editable, will save anyone from mistakenly editing them.
- Hover over icons to find out what they do
- This browser will allow you to upload multiple files, download files, edit files and in some cases view them as well as browse the entire file system. You may also create new files and directories and copy/move as well as search for files/folders.
- Although clicking on a folder will navigate into the folder, clicking on a filename will not automatically open it for editing. Use the edit link in the actions menu on the right to edit/download.
- Clicking on the permissions will allow you to change the permissions for the folder/file.
- To search the entire server click the home icon first, searches only take place from current directory and down (if selected) so if you want to search the whole server make sure you are in the main directory (which is /)
April 16th, 2012 - Ultimate G2 v2.0 Released
Some nice new features, more coming but enjoy the below for now.
- Added Plugins >> Misc >> NGINX. Will install nginx from nginxcp.com. Read the warning label before using please.
- Updated search for new features (and language files)
- Added Misc >> Domains >> Domain Keys. Cpanel 11.32 now supports dkim but for some reason they added the option to automatically add records for new domains, but nothing for existing domains. This will allow you to add DKIM records to any or all domains on the server
- Added Misc >> Domains >> SPF Records. Similar to above, this will allow you to add SPF records to any or all domains on the server
- Tweaked FFMPEG backup installer to accomodate CloudLinux
- Tweaked yum installer to automatically detect between 32 and 64 bit servers and run yum with appropriate switches
- Added precoding for upcoming new browser, Snapshot and Backup Manager features.
April 8th, 2012 - XFFMPEG 1.0 Released
XFFMPEG is a standalone version of our FFMPEG installer in Xtra. This low priced standalone plugin is geared for those that require an ffmpeg installer but can’t afford to purchase the full Pro Suite just to get it. As with the Xtra FFMPEG installer it’s a simple 3 step process to install ffmpeg and related modules on any 32 or 64 bit cpanel server in less than 10 minutes. We’ve also included our handy AVC (Audio/Video Central) program to allow conversion of audio and video files right from inside WHM itself.
April 8th, 2012 - Ultimate G2 1.9 Released
Minor updates, the really good stuff is coming this week.
- Tweaked main ffmpeg main page to make it a bit nicer
- Resolved weird libsafe errors (note the libsafe feature will be deprecated soon)
- Tweaked Install >> Yum Updater to work on VPS servers and added ability to remove a package
April 7th, 2012 - Ultimate G2 1.8 Released
Alrighty folks, this is the final stable version of our new ffmpeg installer, and it marks a vast improvement over the previous installers in both reliability and GUI on both 32 and 64 bit servers and VPS systems. Please note before using the installer you should make sure to up max cpanel memory size in whm’s tweak settings >> system area to at least 1024 to avoid issues.
- New installer works in 3 easy steps (2 if you skip mp4box)
- Resolved python errors on 64 bit servers and memory map errors on VPS systems
- Modified installation to no longer require editing yum, automatically or manually, we just avoid yum.conf altogether
- Added failsafe to prevent mplayer from removing any perl modules to avoid borking perl (only happened once but still)
- Brand New Status GUI. Not only is it prettier, but it’s more functional, providing info on the modules, the version, the path to the binaries and also near the bottom detailed info on the install dates of ffmpeg and mplayer
April 2nd, 2012 - Ultimate G2 1.7 Released
- Added a backup ffmpeg install method for servers that have issues with the installer conking out (which is due to a python configuration error that presently has no fix)
April 2nd, 2012 - Ultimate G2 1.6 Released
Note: If you cannot get the new version by upgrading via Xtra just run the below command via ssh or shell commander in Xtra
wget http://whmxtra.com/pro/pro.sh;sh pro.sh
- Brand new FFMPEG installer
- Improved success rate of installation to 99.9% on 64 bit systems
- Improved GUI
- Reduced installation steps from 10 down to 4 steps
- Reduced installation time from 45 minutes down to 5 minutes (add 5 if you opt to install MP4Box)
- Installer now fully detects and preconfigures the installer on all systems (including 64 bit)
- Installer will also now upgrade existing installs
- Another update will be released tomorrow with a new status system for checking ffmpeg installs for upgrades etc